Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's What I have to Do ~

What an amazing morning. After getting ready for work, I go into Abigail's room, open her blinds and gently wake her up with words from Mom. She is too adorable as she sleeps on her tummy with her legs tucked under and paci still in her mouth. She moves around and I let her lift herself up to a sitting position with paci still in mouth. She looks up at me with the sweetest smile on her face, paci still in mouth and her funky bangs all in her face.

With her contagious smile I can't help but laugh back at her as she starts to squeal with delight. I go to pick her up and she bounces in my arms and gives me her little Abigail hug. The sun is streaming through the window and it's a day filled with rain and sun.

I get Abigail dressed in an outfit that she has never worn and the pants are already to small and it's a size 12 months. Were these pants supposed to be Capri's?

As I walk downstairs I know that we are about ready to part for the day. Daddy comes back into to take her off to Grandmas.

I stand at the garage door in my curlers and bath robe and waive Good Bye to my beautiful daughter. She has this big smile on her face and I know I won't see her again until after 5:30pm tonight.

It's what I have to do each and every day. I go off to work each and every day to provide for my daughter, my husband and my family. It's what life requires of me, what the economy cards have dealt to me.

I wish more than anything that I can be home with Abigail. To be there for her when she is learning and exploring new things. To be there when she is sad and crabby.

But with all that said, the most important thing is that Abigail is healthy and happy. She is a blessing to James and I and has brought the two of us more joy than we ever thought was possible.

Abigail's is a blessing, a joy, full of laughter and an amazing daughter ~

No comments:

Post a Comment