Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just a Moment to Take it All In!

As I am walking up the stairs after work to change I turn around to see my beautiful daughter crawling after me. Anxious to see where mommy is going. I had just put her down and told her what was going to happen. That mommy was going to go upstairs and change into comfy clothes and that she was going to play on the floor. She followed after me to see where I was going and I told her that I would be right back. I wanted to reassure her that I wasn't leaving for work but that I would return right back to her.

As I turn to walk up the stairs and look back I see Abigail sitting on the kitchen floor watching her daddy cook dinner. I reflected at the amazement of this little girl sitting on the floor staring up at her mom. That little girl is my daughter and I am her mom. I have a baby. This precious baby girl is mine. That no moment would ever be what I had expected and only filled with the most unexpected precious moments that only GOD has allowed for me to have.

As promised I went back down to hold my daughter who was full of happiness, life and laughter tonight. Something so contagious that you can't help but put a smile on your face and appreciate what GOD has given to you. A never take for granted moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment