My life changed 1 year ago today in a way that I never thought was possible. Today back in 2008 was like any other ordinary day. I went to work and headed to my nail appt. after work. I knew that my time of the month was coming but I just had tender breast and no heavy cramping which is something that I always had. I never thought that I could be pregnant. I always kept a pregnancy test tucked away in my cabinet in the bathroom just in case I needed to relieve my worries of being pregnant. So I pulled out my Dollar Tree pregnancy test and did my thing. To my complete shock and horror it came back "POSITIVE" What the heck? I started crying uncontrollably. I came down stairs crying and James said "I thought I hear something but I wasn't sure". He looked at me with this concerned look on his face and asked what was wrong. I told him that I was pregnant. Even though I was completely crying I saw this smile appear across his face. He walked over to me and told me that everything was going to be ok. I told him that just to make sure it was in fact positive I wanted to go to Walgreens and get another pregnancy test to see how that one turned out. Well my story goes .... My Dollar Tree test is just as accurate as my $14.00 Walgreens test. I took the second one that night and it was positive. The next morning I took a 3rd test and that one came back positive too. We were pregnant!!!! I knew that James was excited and happy and I was still completely unsure. We had tried to get pregnant over 5 years prior and after a year of trying with no success we gave up. We decided that we were no longer trying and we weren't going to prevent. After 5 years I had come to the conclusion that we just couldn't have kids and than God decided that it was time for us to be parents.
Now that Abigail is 4.5 months old I wouldn't change anything for the world. She has been such and amazing blessing to our lives. Abigail has changed me in so many ways and I can't wait to see her grow up and show me all the amazing things that she has to teach me. I love my little girl so much!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment