For this past week I have been reflecting at how I can't believe that I am a Mom. Looking back over the last couple of years I never thought that I would be someones Mommy! Most of you that read my blog know my back story so motherhood was not in my cards. I was shocked when I found out that I was pregnant. It was something that was very hard for me to embrace. Looking back on my feelings from a year ago it breaks my heart to think that I had questioned my feelings regarding my pregnancy. It is something that took me until 19 weeks of pregnancy to embrace. That is when we found out that my precious baby was a little "Girl". The night before our ultra sound at 19 weeks I told James that we were not going to go find out what we were having without knowing what our babies name was going to be. We had a baby boys name picked out which was James Cohen. We had yet to make a final decision on our little girls name. It was either Abigail or Addison. I took two pieces of paper and wrote both names on the paper with little boxes next to the them. Handed one James and kept one for myself. We did a secret ballot vote to decide our daughters name. I completed my vote and we swapped ballots. I quickly opened James' before he could open mine and he hadn't checked anything. I quickly took mine back and made him vote. We swapped ballots again and the decision was made. If we were having a little girl her name was to be Abigail Danielle.
When we went in for our ultrasound we found out very quickly that we were having a "GIRL" that is when it all became real. Little Abigail Danielle was growing inside of me. That was the moment that I embraced the fact I was going to be a Mom and that Abigail Danielle was going to be my daughter.
I learned that day to take nothing for granted and to embrace every moment that you have. Abigail has taught me embrace the unexpected because amazing things happen. My amazing thing is Abigail. She reminds me to embrace every moment of every day. Even though this little girl is only 5 months old she has completely changed her Mommy! I am so blessed to be Abigail's Mommy!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment